1. What is it?
Cilajet’s best-in-class anti-microbial solution covers the interior surfaces of the vehicle, eliminating 99.9% of harmful germs, bacteria, viruses, protozoa, and odor-causing fungi (mold and mildew). It’s long-lasting properties keep it active on the interior surfaces to prevent future infestation.
2. How is it applied?
Cilajet Anti-Microbial is best applied by a fine-mist sprayer. The product is quick and easy to apply, about 10 minutes with a sprayer). The product can be applied on all interior surfaces of the car, including carpet, fabric, leather and vinyl surfaces.
3. How long before a customer can enter the vehicle once its applied?
The product needs to dry and cure, which will take at least 10 minutes. Any puddles that are left after application should be wiped down with a microfiber cloth. The total time from start to finish will be about 20-30 minutes: application, wipe down puddles in the interior, and drying time.
4. What makes Cilajet Anti-Microbial different and unique from the competition?
We include a binding agent that allows it to attach itself to the surfaces. Our coating material consists of a bi-functional molecule that covalently bonds on one end to the automotive surface and is positively charged on the other end.
5. How often do you recommend reapplication?
We recommend reapplication every 3 months.
6. Is the formula safe?
Cilajet Anti-Microbial spray has 0% VOC’s (volatile organic compounds)! It is hypoallergenic and environmental safe. It is safe for children, elderly adults and pets alike.
7. How do you know it is safe?
The main ingredient in Cilajet Anti-Microbial is “medical grade” (for use in the medical industry). It is commonly used as an antiseptic wash before surgery; in contact lens cleaning solutions; on gauze that is used to dress open wounds; and other hospital uses, safe for human contact.
8. Is Cilajet Anti-Microbial aviation grade?
Although the product could be used for the interior of an aircraft (it does not compromise the nonflammable surfaces), it does not carry specific aviation approvals.
9. What is the main antibacterial product that is in Cilajet Anti-Microbial?
The main active ingredient in our product is polyhexamethylene biguanide, or “PHMB”. PHMB is a bacteria-killing polymer that has been clinically proven to inhibit bacterial growth.
10. What specific bacteria and viruses does it eliminate and protect against?
- Acinetobacter baumannii
- Aspergillus Niger
- Enterobacter aerogenes
- Escherichia Coli (“E. coli”)
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (“HIV”)
- Klebsiella pneumoniae
- Legionella Pneumophila (“Legionnaires’ Disease”)
- Listeria monocytogenes
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (“MRSA”)
- Murine Norovirus
- Pseudomonas Aeruginosa
- Respiratory Syncytial virus (“HRSV”)
- Rotavirus, Strain WA
- Salmonella choleraesuis (“Salmonella”)
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Swine Influenza (“Swine Flu”)