The 2022 Acura NSX Supercar
2022 marks the final year of production for the NSX Type S, a luxury sport coupe that can trace its origins back to 1984. The NSX Supercar was originally developed to offer a high-performance drive — worthy of competitors like Ferrari — at a lower price point, along with the reliability and features that everyday drivers expect. As the “everyday supercar” concept evolved, the name was changed to NS-X, for New, Sportscar, eXperimental.
Like us, you’re probably disappointed that this stylish Acura Supercar will be discontinued after 2022 — but there are still some exciting developments in store for the NSX! A 600-hp version of the hybrid-electric powertrain is newly available, and 2022 models are sure to stand out in Grand Prairie with updated front-end design details and Type S badging.
2022 Acura NSX Powertrain Options
Whether you choose the 576-hp or the 600-hp version of its twin-turbo hybrid-electric powertrain, the NSX delivers lightning-quick acceleration and crisp, responsive steering. For everyday driving in Fort McMurray, the NSX is easy to maneuver in heavy traffic situations and offers a selectable Quiet mode for a comfortable commute to Sherwood Park. See the specs for both powertrains, below:
- 573-hp Hybrid-Electric Powertrain – A twin-turbocharged 3.5L V6 combines forces with three electric motors to generate a combined 573 hp and 476 lb-ft of torque, and can accelerate from zero to 60 mph in just 3.1 seconds.
- 600-hp Hybrid-Electric Powertrain – In the upgraded configuration, the V6 engine works in tandem with a nine-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission and one of the electric motors to power the rear wheels. Operating independently, the other two motors drive the front wheels for enhanced traction and control.
Acura NSX: Interior Features
The Acura NSX cabin is equipped with a balance of high-end amenities and tech essentials that you’ll appreciate on drives both long and short. We’ve listed a few key infotainment features and amenities, below:
- Integrated navigation
- ELS Studio nine-speaker stereo
- 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™
Comfort & Convenience
- Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control
- GPS-Linked Climate Control
- Proximity keyless entry
- Push-button start
- Driver and Passenger 4-Way Power Seat
- Heated Seats
- Sport Seats with Semi-Aniline Premium Leather-and-Alcantara®-Trimmed Interior
- Maintenance Minder™ System
- Traffic Rerouting™
Acura NSX: Safety Features
When it comes to safe driving in Leduc, you can rest assured that the NSX is equipped with the industry’s latest developments, and a long list of active driver-assist features to help you see and sense more on the road:
Driver-Assist Safety Features
- Hill Start Assist
- Electric Parking Brake with Automatic Brake Hold
- Cruise Control
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors
- Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers
- HomeLink® and Compass
Experience the 2022 Acura NSX Supercar at Southview Acura!
If our preview has you feeling excited about the 2022 NSX Supercar, we’re happy to provide more info and ensure that you bring one home to Edmonton! Stop by our dealership in Edmonton to start exploring your Acura lease and finance options, and check out our current new vehicle specials for great prices on your favorite new models. Contact us today to get started!